Life in Pereiraland

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

Friday was spent in to the wee hours of the evening finishing up the details for the birthday party, like a cake, pinata and goodie bags. Dang goodie bags. I always forget to give them ou.

Saturday we were really concerned that we were going to get rained out for Rebecca's party. By 11:00 there was no more rain, but it was windy, cloudy and a tad cool for Florida standards. But, it turned out okay. Rebecca was just thrilled to have all her friend's there. She was so cute, do introductions as her guest arrived. I was very proud that she thanked and knew who each person was that gave her gifts to her. The whole thing went really well. Just a little hiccup on the way home. I ran over a tent stake and blew out my tire. Thank God for handy husbands.

Sunday we headed to Clearwater Beach. It is so beautiful there. The sand is pure white. Its on the Gulf of Mexico and the water is relatively calm compared to the Atlantic Ocean. We had a great time and after the beach we wandered north to check out a couple spots that we heard about for putting the jetski's in.

Today, Rebecca and I headed to the mall with her Build-a-Bear gift card she got for her Birthday. She just had to get a monkey like her cousin Rachel's. I don't think I would take her on my own. The really hook those kids in and drag them through the store picking out this and picking out that and before you know it you have Princess Monkey that chatters. Its a cute concept, but they sure didn't look to me when they let my daughter have carte blanc through the store.

Later, we came home and played in the sprinkler in the backyard. She's napping now.

Look at the pics below!!!

1 Comments:

  • Build-a-bear. What a racket!!

    Bummer about the tent stake. Yay for Tony changing it.

    By Blogger Terri, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home