Life in Pereiraland

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Random Tidbits

My weekend was wonderful. The beach was gorgeous (see pics below). The weather perfect. Next time I will pick a better campsite. Not that ours was bad, just we could have one overlooking the water that was so pretty.

Bunnies were everywhere in the campgrounds. Every morning and early evening, they would all come out and romp around and eat grass. So cute. We also saw a raccoon, a couple manatee and dolphins swimming very close to the beach.

Tony decided we need to walk along the pier over the water. Me, with my irrational fear of bridges and such, wanted Rebecca to hold my hand too. Her response, "I'm not 2 anymore, I'm 3". Ah, such a big girl.

The most thoughtful Mother's Day gift in the world - Tony knows I have a thing for purses. I've been so restraint in buying any new ones lately. So, for Mother's Day, he made me an origami purse and put money inside of it to buy a new one. I just thought that was the sweetest thing.

My girl loves trains. We stopped at a Hobby store on our way back home and we literally carried the girl out of the store kicking and streaming because she wanted to play with the trainset. Good thing she's getting a wooden set for her birthday.

We found the most beautiful shells this weekend. I'm going to get a frame and glue the shells to it and put a pic of Rebecca and Tony at the beach. Tony was really the shell collector. He spent a lot of time in the surf, digging for "special" ones. I'll have to take a pic of our collection. They washed them last night and were left on papertowels on my stove. In my daze from waking up this morning, I wondered who put drops of cookie dough on the stove and left it overnight. I realized my mistake when I shook my head a bit.

Recital is this weekend!!! I can't wait to see Rebecca in her cotton candy costume. It's really just a pink costume, she calls it her cotton candy.

I think that's enough for now. BBIAB

3 Comments:

  • What a sweet dh you have!

    The Dollar General store is where I got that M30 stuff. :)

    By Blogger Elisa, at 1:25 PM  

  • That water is gorgeous, should see our lake, I wouldn't even swim in it, lol ick ick ick and yes very thoughtful dh you have, your very lucky I'm jealous :)

    By Blogger Susan, at 2:30 PM  

  • LOL @ Rebecca not being 2 anymore! Classic.

    I used to be a seashell collector too. I think I still have them around....somewhere....

    By Blogger Terri, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home